- Automatically becoming a due paying member of the UK ALA student chapter
- Registering with 2 Round Tables at no additional cost
- Having the opportunity to join ALA divisions, such as the Public Library Association (PLA) and the Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) at a discounted rate
- Taking advantage of discount rates for conference registration
- Networking with other library school students and information professional
- Accessing American Libraries magazine (11 issues per year) and AL Direct (via email) for free
- Being eligible to receive grants, scholarships, and awards
UK ALA Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/UK-ALA-Student-Chapter/179480592118331
UK ALA Twitter: @UK_ALA<https://twitter.com/UK_ALA>
UK ALA Blog: https://ukalastudentchapter.wordpress.com/
Show your support for UK ALA by participating in the Dine to Donate event the chapter is holding next Thursday, Feb. 20th at Applebee’s Nicholasville Rd (between Man O War Boulevard and Fayette Mall).
When you purchase a meal on Feb. 20th and present the Dine to Donate flyer to your server, Applebee’s will donate 10% of your purchase to UK ALA.
These funds will assist our organization in hosting informational events for students, providing funds for students attending professional conferences, and more.
When: Feb. 20th, all day
Where: Applebee’s 4009 Nicholasville Rd
Why: To support your UK ALA organization
Remember: You must bring a physical copy of the flyer to participate – Click here to get the flyer!
Flyers are also available in the SLIS office and libraries across campus.
Thank you for your support!